Download Free Audio Book
Buy the Book!
Imagine this... Stories Inspired by Agriculture 2012
Featuring stories from the 2012 Imagine this... story writing contest by Emily Swann, Morgan Gravatt, Abigail Patel, Wyatt Black, Mary Bunn, Sarah Truxton, Josiah Groot, and Kole Joachim.
$6 Add to Cart
Imagine this… Story Writing Contest
Meet Academic Content Standards for California schools through this creative writing contest!
Create a positive learning experience that promotes reading, writing and the arts, and furthers the understanding of agriculture in our lives by using this award-winning contest in your classroom.
2013 Regional Winners
State-winning authors will have their stories published in an illustrated book and will be distributed to school libraries and classrooms across the state!
Deadline: Nov. 1
Entries must be postmarked by November 1, annually.
Download entry form (PDF, 331 KB)
- Select and submit up to five stories from each classroom
- Each story must have an entry form attached
- Individual grade categories: grades 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8
- Stories must be written by one student author; no group entries allowed
- Stories exceeding 750 words will not be selected as state winners
- Stories should not be similar in theme to winning entries from previous years' contests
Two stories from each grade level in each of the four regions will be chosen for regional recognition and awarded
- Children's literature book about agriculture
- Resources for their teacher
One story from each grade level will be chosen as the state winner for the contest and awarded
- $100 worth of resources for their teacher
- Expense-paid trip to Sacramento for student, teacher and two parents/guardians for an awards ceremony during National Agriculture Week
Winning stories must be
- Titled and original, creative student work
- Fact or fiction
- Grammatically correct
- Related to California agriculture in a positive way
- Typed, preferably, or neatly handwritten
- Written without reference to registered trademarks
- Suitable for illustration (imagine your story published in a book!)